We are recruiting for Oil and Gas International Operator company who is seeking an “Automation Specialist” for their field based project in Oman. The Operations and maintenance division offers you a unique workplace to further expand your professional and technical knowledge by a strong commitment to training and personal development.
Rotation: 28/28 or 35/35
You will work for interfacing between the end devices and programmable logic controllers and the data servers in the field. Also, will calibrate end devices including transmitters, control valves, and limit switches as well as all gas and oil metering instrumentation. In Addition, you will be involved in developing and maintaining:
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) software,
- SCADA systems, data, and the Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Multivariable flow transmitters for gas measurement, custody transfer oil metering station (LACT) units
- Custody transfer ultrasonic gas flow meters and associated analyzers.
You will be involved in a variety of projects / responsibilities:
• Identification and diagnosis of control system failures.
• Maintenance of programmable logic controller (PLC) change management software.
• Creation maintenance procedures for end devices, transmitters and programmable logic controller (PLC).
• Creation of instrumentation maintenance procedures.
• Input on full field development specifications.
• Training and mentoring of Omani trainees.
Our client is one of the largest US oil and gas company which is a biggest oil producer worldwide. Company’s average oil and gas production is 763000 barrels / per day. It's a largest onshore producer of oil and liquids. Company’s 60% of the worldwide production comes from US. It has been an active investor in the Middle East region for more than 40 years. The region currently accounts for more than a third of company’s worldwide production. The majority of their regional capital is deployed in their focus areas of Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates.
Bachelor degree with minimum of 7 years experience in instrumentation calibration, operation, maintenance, especially Allen/Bradley Control Logix configuration, networking and programming
Diploma with minimum of 10 years experience in instrumentation calibration, operation, maintenance, especially Allen/Bradley Control Logix configuration, networking and programming.
• Good understanding of all forms of oil and gas metering including coriolis and ultrasonic metering for custody transfer.
• Self starter and Team player.
• Able to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to coach and mentor employees.
• Good in communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply please send your CV in word format via email.
Availability / Notice Period:
Current Salary (Day Rate or Monthly):
Expected Salary (Monthly in US$):
Please suggest a suitable time to call you to discuss this further.